The main objective of the EFEVE project is to develop new manufacturing technologies for the production of cost effective nano compounds, development of advanced methods for the distribution and dispersion of nano compounds in aluminum and magnesium alloys, and new manufacturing casting processes for more energy efficiency and high flexibility. These developments will enable manufacture new components (automotive, wind power and construction) with high performance, reducing weigh, energy, costs and increasing flexibility.
The specific objectives of the project to reach the overall goal set by EFEVE are the following.
- Definition and development of manufacturing technologies for light alloys (aluminium and magnesium) with nano element addition:
- To identify original materials and processes for the production of low cost nano compounds.
- To develop new techniques for the distribution and dispersion of nano compounds in aluminium and magnesium alloys.
- To implement systems for safety handling of nano compounds.
- Definition and development of new casting technologies to meet performance requirements, and flexibility and energy efficiency in the process:
- To develop new process of Low pressure for aluminium. This new system (LPSC) has to reduce manufacturing time, and change of the metallographic structure through and increase in pressure at the time of the solidification.
- To develop new process of Squeeze casting to Magnesium. This new system (SCMg) has to reduce manufacturing time, and change of the metallographic structure.
- Development of special coating to incorporate at surface of component (INSA).
- To run new design of new component in automotive, wind power and construction.
- To run simulations of the component manufacturing to new process.
- Definition, development and implementation of the new technologies at pilot plant.